Tuesday 15 December 2015

Cefaly - at last

I have resisted buying the Cefaly machine for a long time as I have never been convinced by the lack of proper research into it's effectiveness.  There have been tests but they have not been clinical enough to be approved in this country (although it is available on insurance in America).  What we need are some proper double blind tests to prove beyond all doubt that it works.  The other reason that I have been resisting is that in America you can get your money back if it doesn't work whereas in the UK they don't offer the same policy and £250 is just a little bit too much to pay just to try something out.

But, my migraines have been getting slowly worse (I am currently getting 27 days of headaches per month with 18 being migs) so I decided that it was worth the expense to try and manage my migs (actually my mum helped with the costs so yay mum!)

It arrived yesterday and I eagerly unwrapped the boxes to see what it;s all about.

It comes in a cool case to keep it safe.  Quite sturdy and looks good.  The machine itself is disappointingly flimsy.  The battery covers are loose and seem to be gripping on by the skin of their teeth.  But, looks aren't everything, after all, I would gladly slap a piece of rusty metal round my head if only it would keep the pain at bay.

It is easy to put on. You put the plaster on your forehead and rest the machine on the protruding metal contact.
It doesn't click into place but just rests there.  I like to make a clicking noise as it makes it more fun, but that's just me.

Ok here we go... Two presses of the button for migraine preventative...
I am making these notes as I go so sorry for their brevity. 

  • Immediate migraine over right eye.
  • Eyebrows feel like they are standing on edge.
  • Then feel like they are trying to fly off.
  • Migraine then over both eyes.
  • The fuzziness creeps up my forehead.
  • Goes into my head.
  • Right back to my crown feels fuzzy and numb to the touch.
  • Ouch.
  • Ouch.
  • Ouch.
  • It feels like a hammer above my eyes.
  • If I raise my eyebrows up the fuzz stops but the pain increases.
  • Ouch.
  • No pain no gain.
  • Ouch.
  • Pins and needles in forehead.
  • I think it's reached it maximum now. It does that after 12 minutes.
  • Did I say ouch???
  • My eyes are vibrating.
  • It feels like my forehead is climbing down over my eyes.
  • My eyes are bloodshot now.
  • If I close my eyes my forehead stings.
  • My teeth are aching but I think that's because I am tensing them.
  • Do you know I said it had reached its maximum, I think I was wrong.
  • My forehead feels like it is made of sand.
  • My skull is completely numb to the touch.
  • Ouch.
  • Ouch.
  • This feels like a bad migraine over both eyes.
  • At least I know this pain won't last more than 20 minutes.
  • I hope the timer works as I've forgotten what time it started.
  • It's like a mig without the side effects.
  • I was hoping to be able to do things whilst using this but I'm not so sure now.
  • I can't see now as everything is wobbling.
  • Either I'm getting used to it or the intensity is decreasing.
  • And it's over
  • Wow release
  • My forehead is aching slightly and head is numb a little.
  • Slight ache in forehead and it is red in the shape of the electrode sticker.
Wow I feel a bit drained after that.  You can stop the intensity increasing at any time by pressing the button again, but I was determined to leave it and cope. No pain no gain.
 
I tried it again this morning and just as my forehead started to go numb after nearly 5 minutes (I remembered to time it this morning), the batteries ran out.  Slightly disappointing as they are meant to last a month, but I was actually relieved to avoid the pain again...  Still, it won't stop me, I just might press the button before the full 12 minute build up next time!

1 comment:

  1. Dr Williams medicine was extremely helpful to my daughter. I have had a daughter with fibromyalgia for 21 years now , and my doctor have prescribe me with different kinds of western drugs without no improvement on my daughter symptoms . I am so glad I have found Dr Williams medicine (as I was surfing the net for a solution and saw a recommendation for it on a women's health forum early this year). I have felt so empowered by the knowledge you have given me and I quickly self diagnosed the individual causes of my daughter fibromyalgia and armed with his clear instructions, I was finally able to beat this monster, in less than 4 weeks of using dr Williams medication on my daughter. she went for checkup and it was clear that my daughter fibromyalgia were gone,you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    Thank you, thank you , thank you. Dr Williams "

    ReplyDelete