Tuesday 19 February 2013

Pain v's Pain

Here is an interesting question to put to you.  Which is your best type of pain?  And yes, I know that the first answer will be "the type we don't get", but I'm sorry as that just isn't an option.  Way back when, I wrote about how being ill stops my migraines from appearing (http://anothermigraine.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/migraines-vs-being-ill.html).  It hasn't happened for a while, but last week, whilst on holiday, I got a familiar twinge in my right foot.  My other arch nemesis arthritis was threatening to make an unwelcome reappearance.  I haven't had a bad attack for a good two years so didn't think to take my meds with me.

Lesson learned.

The hard way.

Have you ever tried pushing a pram containing an exhausted nearly 3 year old up a steep hill at the Zoo after having walked all day on a foot which sends pain searing up your leg every time you put it down?  But did you hear me complain dear reader?  Complain?  Me?  Ok I did a bit but it reeeaaally hurt.

But it wasn't all bad.  No, not at all.  The good news was that my migraines disappeared.  Four blissful days with no migraine and with no background pain.  I haven't had such a luxury for over 6 months.  Reading back at my previous post I said that I preferred the migraine pain to any other pain.  Is it too late to take that back?  Oh go on, please let me.  So to answer my original question... give me excruciating foot pain any day of the week over migraines!

Why?  Well, foot pain is just foot pain.  It hurts and you limp a bit.  Whereas with migraines, you get the pain and the sick feeling, and maybe get a bit grumpy due to the chemical imbalance in your head, can't concentrate, light hurts, I'm sure that I don't need to go on as you will have experienced these and many more in the past.

Sadly the foot meds have kicked in (ehem) and my foot is slightly better.  I say "sadly" because this means that the migs are back again.  So now I have two areas of pain to occupy my poor befuddled mind.  Sometime you feel that you just can't win whatever you do.

Still, my next Botox appointment is just one week away and I am rather looking forward to it... If you can look forward to being pierced 35 times with a needle.  Um, someone remind me why I am doing this again?   Oh yes, it will cure my migs.  Ok now say it like you believe it.... it WILL get rid of my migraines.

3 comments:

  1. IT WILL! We'll all shout it so that it can't ignore us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog was absolutely fantastic for more details something like visit tampa pain management get more informations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog.
    Thanks for providing these kind of excellent health services.
    I really appreciate it.
    neurological physiotherapy in noida sector 48

    ReplyDelete